1. Complete a pre-application & send records
– Please send copies of all report cards from this school year and something that shows attendance.
– If the student is in high school, please also send an unofficial transcript.
2. Complete an application & payment
– SCAIHS will send a request for records to the student’s previous school.
– The school may require you to complete their withdrawal paperwork.
3. Complete a course of study
– Talk with your counselor about curriculum options.
– SCAIHS does not provide any curriculum or instruction.
– Your counselor can make suggestions for what may work well for you and your students.
4. Start Homeschooling!
If the necessary documentation is provided, the whole process can be completed in 2-4 business days.
The law says a parent or guardian with at least a high school diploma or GED may teach a student at home under the supervision of SCAIHS. The law requires the curriculum to include at least reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies, and in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature. The law requires at least 180 days of instruction.