- Written directly to the student, this series encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills
- Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
- Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
- Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
- Step-by-step instruction in how to write narratives, sequences, definitions, explanations, comparisons and contrasts, biographical sketches, and much more
- Exercises in style and sound
- Extensive practice in planning and carrying out independent projects
- Direction in note-taking, documentation, and avoiding plagiarism
- All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
Accompanying Teacher Material
Writing With Skill Level 3 Instructor Text (sold separately) provides student instructions and scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work.
See the author’s updated grade recommendations.
Not sure about the Hows or Whys of intermediate (middle grades) writing instruction? Be sure to listen to Susan’s Audio Lecture on the subject–one of our most popular downloads!