Designed to be used along with Writing With Skill Level 3, Student Workbook, this book turns every parent or teacher into a skilled writing instructor. Clear, detailed teaching instructions help you guide even reluctant writers into mastery of essential writing skills.
* Full instructor support: explanations, scripted discussion questions, model compositions, rubrics
* Detailed guidance on how to evaluate student work
* Designed to help the student work with increasing confidence and independence
* Help in integrating writing skills into the student’s other academic subjects
* Direction in the skills of note-taking and documentation
* Instructions in avoiding plagiarism
* Step-by-step assistance in teaching students to write narratives, sequences, definitions, explanations, comparisons and contrasts, biographical sketches, and much more
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Susan Wise Bauer has taught college-level writing and literature at the College of William & Mary in Virginia. She is the best-selling author of the Story of the World series and the Writing With Ease series for elementary students, as well as the co-author (with Jessie Wise) of The Well-Trained Mind: A Guide to Classical Education at Home.