- Written directly to the student, this series encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills
- Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
- Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
- Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
- All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
- One-, two-, and three-level outlining.
- Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
- Critical literary essays on fiction and poetry
- Researching and documenting source material
Accompanying Teacher Material
Writing With Skill Level 2 Instructor Text (sold separately) provides student instructions and scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work.
Choose either: Downloadable PDF or Paperback
Your purchased, downloadable files are always accessible for redownload, whenever you need them, in your Well-Trained Mind account.
Not sure about the Hows or Whys of intermediate (middle grades) writing instruction? Be sure to listen to Susan’s Audio Lecture on the subject–one of our most popular downloads!