• Provides scripted dialogue to use when the student has difficulty, plus detailed guidance on how to evaluate the student’s work
• Prepares students for high-level rhetoric and composition.
• Straightforward, detailed explanations of how to construct and organize compositions
• Careful, clear analysis of models from great writers of literature and classic nonfiction
• Instruction on how to write about topics in history, science, literature and poetry
• All source material for assignments is provided–no other books are needed
• One- and Two-level outlining
• Writing chronological narratives, biographical sketches, descriptions, and sequences across the curriculum
• Constructing basic literary essays on fiction and poetry
• Researching and documenting source material
Accompanying Student Material
Writing with Skill Level 1, Student Workbook (sold separately) written directly to the student, encourages the student to take the initiative in developing basic writing skills.
If your child has unique needs or if you feel that the recommended grade level is not a good fit, you can look at the Writing with Ease, Diagnostic Evaluations. These are the Mastery Evaluations of the elementary level writing program used when the student has completed a Level’s Workbook and can help you identify if that program is a better fit for your student.
If you can’t decide between Writing with Ease Level 4 and starting this series: Writing with Skill, or if you are interested in an alternate progression for writing instruction, see Susan’s updated grade recommendations.
Not sure about the Hows or Whys of intermediate (middle grades) writing instruction? Be sure to listen to Susan’s Audio Lecture on the subject–one of our most popular downloads!