Explore Language Arts Through Creative Writing!
Writing Strands Intermediate 2 teaches the art of writing effectively—and creatively! In this comprehensive course, students will discover how narrative voice and attitude influence the reader, the elements of an effective written argument, explore character voice and dialogue, and so much more!
Through interactive, guided exercises students will:
- Learn how to write concise, insightful business letters
- Identify and create narrative voice and attitudes
- Recognize points of an effective argument
- Discover how to properly punctuate dialogue
- Craft character speech patters
- Organize descriptions
- Write persuasive arguments
- and more!
A Comprehensive Approach
Writing Strands Intermediate 2 takes a comprehensive approach to language arts, teaching students how to construct effective paragraphs, write persuasively and explore narrative voice while also developing the student’s reading, writing, and speaking skills. Students will learn how to read and evaluate literature, practice spelling, analyze worldview, and write a story!
Fully Updated for a New Generation!
With over a 30 year history, Writing Strands has proven itself to be a solid, powerful tool for teaching students to write and communicate clearly. Intermediate 2 includes a convenient daily schedule and has now been fully updated, clarified, and simplified for ease of use.
Writing Strands Intermediate 2 is a hybrid course that combines Reading Strands and Writing Strands Level 5 into one course. Worksheets are now provided to add structure to reading assignments chosen by the teacher.
Students will rotate writing and reading assignments each week—thus also learning to write through literature because good readers make good writers! Additionally, the Bible is now used as the literature base for teaching how narrative voice and attitude can be used to form captivating pieces of literature.
Writing Strands Intermediate 2 Features:
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student Worksheets
- New literature component
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Recommended Grade Level: 6 – 9
- Equivalent to Writing Strands Level 5