Learn Language Arts Through Creative Writing!
Students will begin developing a solid foundation in communication as they develop their creative writing skills in Writing Strands Beginning 1! Through interactive lessons, simple guided writing assignments, literature evaluation, and role-playing, students will learn how to:
- Use adjectives to construct sentences
- Present actions in a logical sequence
- Write conversations using dialogue structure
- Describe objects by observing and defining differences
- Read and evaluate literature
- and so much more!
A Comprehensive Approach
Writing Strands Beginning 1 takes a comprehensive approach to language arts, teaching students components of grammar, sentence construction, logical sequencing, and structure while also developing the student’s reading, writing, and speaking skills. Students learn how to read and evaluate literature, practice spelling, address envelopes, learn the importance of eye contact, and so much more!
Fully Updated for a New Generation!
With over a 30 year history, Writing Strands has proven itself to be a solid, powerful tool for teaching students to write and communicate clearly. Writing Strands Beginning 1 includes a convenient daily schedule and has been fully updated, clarified, and simplified for ease of use.
Writing Strands Beginning 1 is a hybrid course that combines Reading Strands and Writing Strands Level 2 into one course. Worksheets are now provided to add structure to reading assignments chosen by the teacher.
Students will rotate writing and reading assignments each week—thus also learning to write through literature because good readers make good writers! Additionally, the Bible is now used as the literature base for teaching how characters are developed within the elements of literature.
Writing Strands Beginning 1 Features:
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student Worksheets
- Teaching Instructions
- New literature component
- 3-hole punched, perforated pages
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 5x per week
- Recommended Grade Level: 5 – 8
- Designed for student & teacher to work through together
- Equivalent to Writing Strands Level 2