Through Sid Fleischman’s rollicking tale, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Sid Fleischman.
Background Information: Whipping boys and historical background.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, dictionary, mood, synonyms, adjectives, point of view, compare vs. contrast, character study, theme, setting.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Trust God, happiness, relationship with God, do unto others, honor parents, foolishness vs. wisdom, friendship, judge appearances, faithfulness.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castles, writing, bulletin board, rats, discussion, cooking, art, Venn diagram, movie, drama, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Whipping Boy by Sid Fleischman.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!