Experience Early American History!
History comes to life within Timeline of the Revolution as students experience the struggles and triumphs of the many who committed their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to build the foundations of freedom and faith we have inherited. Students will explore the causes of the Revolutionary War, follow along as leaders are chosen and battles are fought, and learn how the United States of America was established as a new nation.
In Timeline of the Revolution students will:
- Study American history from the Revolutionary War to the ratification of the Constitution through an engaging, storytelling style
- Explore the lives of those who dared to oppose the most powerful military on earth with the most powerful words and principles put to paper
- Discover in-depth character comments, explanations of providential occurrences, founder’s quotes, and poetry from the time period
- Connect to history through role-playing activities
- and more!
Engaging Storytelling Style
Throughout the stories presented in Timeline of the Revolution, Rick & Marilyn Boyer’s rich storytelling style engages and guides students in imagining history as it unfolded. Students will explore the causes, challenges, and timeline of the Revolutionary War while discovering the hope, fears, faith, struggles, and triumphs of the many who committed their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor to build the foundations of freedom and faith we have inherited.
A Providential Perspective
“The longer I live, the more convincing proofs I see of this truth; that God governs in the affairs of men.” -Benjamin Franklin
Timeline of the Revolution studies the Revolutionary War through a timeline approach, covering each event, story, and battle in the order it unfolded in history. As students follow the events of the Revolutionary War, they’ll also encounter the stories of men and women who sought God’s direction and experienced His Providential guidance as history unfolded. Through engaging narrative, founder’s quotes, and poetry of the era, students will discover how God worked both naturally and supernaturally in the formation of the United States of America.
Timeline of the Revolution Curriculum Set Includes:
America’s Struggle to Become a Nation
- Full-color student text
Timeline of the Revolution Teacher Guide
- Suggested Daily Schedule—saving you time!
- Student Worksheets
- Answer Key
- Perforated, 3-hole punched
- 30-45 minutes per lesson, 3-5x per week
- Recommended Grade Level: 4 – 6