Through Frances Hodgson Burnett’s delightful coming-of-age tale, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Frances Hodgson Burnett.
Background Information: British colonies.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Antonym, setting, mood, characterization, personality traits, synonyms, dialect, dictionary, similes, metaphors, point of view, theme, tone.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Trust God, authority, loneliness, do good, work, fruits of the Spirit, anxiety, friendship, immortality, savior, healing, God in control, magic, God’s word, Doxology, praise God.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Writing, research, mapwork, art, England, poster, gardening, field trips.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to,
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!