Through Patricia MacLachlan’s quiet pioneer tale, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Patricia MacLachlan.
Background Information: Pioneers and prairie living.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, setting, compare and contrast, in context, simile, metaphor, paraphrase, character analysis.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Honor, God is our perfecter, work with a good attitude, love one another.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Mapwork, history reports, discussion, read aloud, wordsearch, crossword, prairies, step-families, art projects, science, movie, cooking.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!