Through C. S. Lewis’ Perelandra, the second book in his celebrated Space Trilogy, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about C.S. Lewis.
Before-You-Read Activities: Connected reader and comparison paper, mythology research, science fiction research and comparison paper, creative writing description, theology research and idea comparison paper.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, symbolism, synonyms, similes, mood, antonyms, character analysis, hubris, setting, pacing, climax.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Reaction to true holiness, a closer look at Christ, pleasure and guilt, light and dark, good, consequences, purpose, lying, sin, God’s plan.
Activities and Writing Assignments including point of view rewrite, art project, differences list, mythology research, Utopian and Dystopian fiction paper, theme analysis, confronting evil paper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Perelandra by C.S. Lewis.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!