Through Gloria Skurzynski’s exciting story, students will learn:
Historical Background: Learn about the Crusades, France, 1195 A.D.
Author Biography: Learn about Gloria Skurzynski and her writings.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Similes, flashbacks, synonyms, description, alphabetize.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Obeying, sacrificing to help others, kind words, strength from God, hope from suffering, first impressions, anger, forgiveness & compassion.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Minstrels and jesters, mapping, Medieval legends, Francis of Assisi, wordsearch, Crusades, oral reports, cooking, art, clay crafting.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Minstrel in the Tower by Gloria Skurzynski
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!