Direct instruction for decoding, spelling, and understanding multisyllabic words
Megawords teaches the reading, spelling, and contextual use of multisyllabic words through multisensory instruction and a systematic progression of skills. Within each book, words are presented in lists arranged by word structure and spelling pattern. Because Megawords is skill based, it can be used in a variety of settings and across all RTI tiers depending on student need and grade level.
Each student book focuses on a specific group of advanced phonics or word study skills. Exercises are multisensory and require students to read, say, and write word parts and words.
- Decoding and encoding activities
- Recognizing syllable patterns
- Using words in context
- Understanding word meaning
- Content-area reading passages
- Review exercises to reinforce concepts
Guides provide direct, point-of-use instruction that follows the Megawords 6-Step Instructional Plan.
- Suggestions for differentiating instruction
- Assessment options for progress monitoring
- Reproducible assessments and recording forms
- Student Book answer key
Assessment of Decoding and Encoding Skills
This diagnostic assessment helps you place students in the appropriate Megawords level and provides data on each student’s strengths and weaknesses.