Math 6 Teacher Edition (4th ed.)
The 6th grade math teacher’s edition is a two-volume set that equips educators with 6th grade math lesson plans, teaching strategies, and a variety of other resources for providing a successful learning environment for students. Lessons are organized clearly and logically to support the educator in teaching students math concepts and to guide them in developing a biblical worldview of math.
What do the 6th grade math lesson plans include?
Lessons in the teacher’s edition follow a teaching cycle that offers educators a path for guiding students toward success with sixth grade math. The teaching cycle follows four steps:
- Engage: Illustrations, pictures, and discussion questions encourage students to become involved in the learning and gain an interest in math.
- Instruct: Teaching strategies include modeling, math tools, and collaborative learning activities.
- Apply: Students will be encouraged to use math to help and serve others; STEM activities direct students to create solutions to real-world problems; Math Talk sections promote deeper discussion of concepts and encourage critical thinking.
- Assess: Teachers may complete formative assessments through chapter reviews, spiral cumulative reviews, and classroom discussions; chapter tests and STEM activities provide opportunities for summative assessments.
Features of the Math 6 Teacher’s Edition
The teacher’s edition includes valuable resources for giving students a rich, varied learning experience that provides the practice and review students will need to develop understanding and automaticity with math concepts.
- Suggestions for leading discussions
- Guides for presenting and applying biblical worldview themes
- Collaborative learning activities
- Opportunities for differentiated instruction
- Math Talk features
- Guides to STEM lessons
- Examples for mathematical modeling
- Leveled instruction
2 in stock