The Student Notebook for our high school marine biology course is specifically designed to help homeschool students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain the personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
This high-quality spiral-bound notebook is specifically designed to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Additionally, a Student Notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
The Student Notebook contains:
- A suggested Daily Schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system
- Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
Click on the button below to view a sample.
The sample opens in a new window.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Marine Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Marine Biology, 2nd Edition, information page to read more.