Through Jerry Spinelli’s creative legend, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Jerry Spinelli.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Dictionary, metaphor, simile, hyperbole, descriptive writing, synonym, point of view, extended metaphor, conflict, complication, resolution, theme, parallel.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Facts vs. truth, marriage, wholesome talk, God sees our heart, prayer, thankfulness, despair, peace, love your neighbor, all equal in Christ, racism.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Mapping, folk tales, racism, class discussion, essay writing, homelessness.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!