THE GRAY BOOK
8TH GRADE SKILLS
- 36 weekly lessons divided into daily plans. Teacher friendly, with little or no preparation needed!
- Integrated language arts lessons including: grammar, spelling, higher order thinking, and study skills. Encouraging a love for classical literature, through dictation students learn punctuation, capitalization, parts of speech, grammar, creative writing, and more.
- Spelling lists each week from the most Commonly Misspelled Words.
- Vocabulary Building exercises bring meaning to vocabulary in context making it useful in everyday language. Continued study of suffixes, prefixes, and root words prepares students for college testing.
- Four Book Studies (listed in the order they appear):
- Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster
- A Lantern in Her Hand by Bess Streeter Aldrich
- Eric Liddell by Catherine Swift
- God’s Smuggler by Brother Andrew
- A five week Writing Unit prepares students for high school writing and research as well as continued study in prefixes, suffixes, and roots words.
- The Skills Index provides an easy skill reference.
- Reviews Activities follow each lesson providing additional skill practice.
- Assessments help teachers to evaluate student’s progress.
The Gray Student Activity Book is the perfect companion for the Gray Teacher Book! Everything in one book: student instruction, a place for writing, and a tool for easy record keeping. Allows for more independent work, a BONUS for teachers. The Gray SAB provides Enrichment Activities such as word puzzles, analogies, logic/reasoning activities and more found ONLY in the SAB. (Answers are found in The Teacher Book.) Please note: The Student Activity Book cannot be used independently.