Through Corrie ten Boom’s gripping account, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Corrie ten Boom.
Background Information: World War II.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Characterization, fruits of the Spirit, contrast, word picture, context, dictionary, foreshadow, flashback, synonyms, irony, foil, simile, overview.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Wisdom, talents, disrespect, racism, lying, convictions, peace, forgiveness, hiding place, refuge, light of the world.
Activities and Writing Assignments: WWII, Hitler, Holland, interview, short story, discussion, writing, research, newspaper.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!