Through Marguerite de Angeli’s tale of courage, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Marguerite de Angeli.
Background Information: The Black Death.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: In context, fact vs. opinion, similes, metaphors, title analysis.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Thankfulness, personal accomplishment, patience, suffering, trust in God, character transformation, coming of age.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Plague and disease, canonical timekeeping, English war, monasteries, disabilities.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Door in the Wall by Marguerite de Angeli.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!