Through Jeri Massi’s tale of turning from selfishness to living for others, Crown and Jewel, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Allegory, in context, similes, symbolism, synonyms, point of view, paraphrase, dialect, adjectives, antonyms, compare and contrast.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Sacrifice, friendship, trust God, serve others, God looks at the heart, humility, courage, God is light.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, medieval life, maps, drama, creative writing, peer pressure, crossword.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Crown and Jewel by Jeri Massi.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!