Through E.B. White’s classic story, students will learn:
About the Author and Illustrator: Learn about E.B. White and Garth Williams.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Descriptive writing, characterization, synonym, irony, fact vs. opinion, in context, foreshadow, mood, conflict, climax, resolution, theme.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Caring for animals, freedom, friendship, do not worry, fear, boasting, our words, encouragement, humility, sacrifice, helping others, death.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Spider science, field trip, writing, discussion, life cycles, letter-writing, art.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5×11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!