Astronomy Junior Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition
A perfect complement to Exploring Creation with Astronomy, the Astronomy Junior Notebooking Journal, 2nd Edition, provides everything your student needs to complete this study of astronomy. Not only does it include all the fun and creative features of our Regular Notebooking Journals in the Young Explorer Series, but if you purchased the Apologia Science Kit that corresponds to this title, there are extra activities for your student.
This Junior Notebooking Journal will serve as your child’s notebook, providing a place for him to complete every assignment in the text.
Each lesson begins with two fun coloring pages for the student to color while he listens to the reading of the text. These pages provide opportunities for active learning while reinforcing the lesson’s content. Following are pages with templates designed to encourage creative expression and written narration. The student can illustrate what he’s learned and write a sentence or two about the topic.
Next, the student is given the opportunity to work with and learn key vocabulary words presented in the text. Included are puzzle piece cut out and match vocabulary activities, partially filled in crosswords, vocabulary stories, plant identification activities and more. These learning activities are not only fun, but they also increase the student’s retention of both the important terms and the subject matter presented in the lessons.
A detailed daily schedule in each of our Notebooking Journals and Junior Notebooking Journals makes planning easier. This schedule lists the pages to read in the textbook and the pages to complete in the journal.
Click the button below to view a sample.
The sample opens in a new window.
The Benefits of Using the Notebooking Journal
Keeping a scientific notebook has always been standard scientific practice. Apologia’s Junior Notebooking Journals have been designed to:
- Facilitate retention and provide documentation of your student’s education. The unique personal written and artistic expressions incorporate both sides of the brain.
- Be flexible and allows for multilevel learning. A twelve-year-old student may write an essay and make an elaborate illustration, while a six-year-old may write one sentence with a stick-figure drawing
- Help students record experiences, observations, and thoughts
- Engage students in the scientific process
- Provide a written history that students can reference as they explore new subject areas
- Give your student a place where they can record and organize experiences and observations
- Provide a place to review their notes to create opinions and draw conclusions about the way their world works
What’s the Difference between the Regular Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal?
The Regular Notebooking Journal for Exploring Creation with Astronomy, 2nd Edition, is recommended for use with students who have mastered handwriting, can take notes, and enjoy upper elementary level activities.
The Junior Notebooking Journals are designed for younger students who are still developing basic writing skills. These journals have easier crossword puzzles and activities, easier coloring pages, and wider writing lines.
The Regular Notebooking Journal and Junior Notebooking Journal are designed to work together to help accommodate teaching multiple ages in your homeschool.
What Is Included in the Exploring Creation with Astronomy, Junior Notebooking Journal, 2nd Edition?
In this Notebooking Journal, you will find:
- A Suggested Schedule for completing the readings, notebooking assignments, activities, and experiments. We recommend that you spend approximately 35 weeks covering this book, devoting 2 days per week to the course.
- Fascinating Facts templates for your student to record what he or she learned in each lesson, using both words and illustrations
- Two coloring pages per lesson
- Wide-lined writing spaces
- Creative templates for completing the notebooking assignments
- Scripture Copywork, including both print and cursive practice, which is a valuable method for not only practicing handwriting but also memorizing Scripture and teaching spelling, grammar and writing
- Easier vocabulary activities than those found in the regular Notebooking Journals
- Project Pages and Scientific Speculation Sheets for your student to use to keep records of experiments, projects, and activities completed throughout the course
- A selection of book and DVD suggestions to complement your student’s studies, as well as projects and experiments to help your student Dig In Deeper
- Beautiful, full-color, lapbook-style Miniature Books for your student to create, encouraging him or her to record facts and information learned in each lesson
- Field Trip Sheets your student can use to keep a record of field trips or outings enjoyed during his or her studies
Your child will treasure this Junior Notebooking Journal as he makes it his very own with words and illustrations, reflecting all he has learned in his pursuit of science. Additionally, the journal will serve as your record of your student’s scientific endeavors throughout the year. When your child flips through his notebook, he will be reminded of the knowledge he has attained as he peruses the pages he has created. A variety of activities include full-color mini-books, additional fun experiments, crosswords, and supplementary materials.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Young Explorer Series:
New to Apologia’s Young Explorer Series for K-6 homeschool science? Visit the Young Explorer Series information page to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Young Explorer Series:
Jeannie Fulbright discusses immersion learning: