Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, is a college-prep course that provides an advanced study of the human body’s 11 organ systems. This 2nd Edition has updated discussions and photographs, as well as new content. If a student completes the entire course, including documenting in a lab notebook all of the labs, experiments, and dissections, it can be counted as an honors course.
What’s Included In Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, Advantage Set™ Set?
Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, Advantage Set™ includes three items from Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology product line: the student softcover textbook, Solutions & Tests Manual, and Student Notebook.
- Prerequisites: Biology & Chemistry
- Recommended Grade: 12
- Please note that our Advanced Biology textbook has been reprinted in a softcover version. You can read our complete formal statement about this transition on our FAQ Knowledge Base here.
- To receive a full refund, all items within this set must be returned unopened. If only some of the products are returned the refund amount will be adjusted accordingly and the discount will be forfeited.
- Once the Solutions and Tests Manual is opened, it is not eligible for a return.
- As there are many good options for a student to choose from, we have decided to let the student and/or instructor pick the anatomy coloring book that best fits their needs. Many anatomy coloring books cover the same basic human body functions and the process of coloring anatomical images helps students make connections to the text they are reading. Therefore, we recommend that where the 2nd edition textbook gives specific page numbers for the Kaplan coloring book, the student use this information to locate similar pages in his or her coloring book. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope that you understand.
Overview of Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology: The Human Body, 2nd Edition, Softcover Textbook
This homeschool high school human body course covers both the anatomy and physiology of each of the human body’s organ systems for those students who have successfully completed high school biology and chemistry classes. It is recommended for 12th grade, although it could be taken earlier if the science prerequisites are met. When fully completed, this course can be listed as honors and/or an advanced course on high school transcripts. You can rest assured that the subject matter covered in this course is rigorous enough to prepare students for college-level work. Please note that the reproductive system is covered in detail, including accurate yet respectful illustrations and descriptions.
This study will introduce the organizational levels of the human body from a single cell to the 11 major organ systems:
The softcover student textbook contains all student material, study questions, laboratory exercises, and module study guides with color photos and illustrations. The second edition of our Human Body course includes the following enhanced features:
- High-quality color illustrations
- More in-depth discussions and explanations of concepts
- Online resources that explore concepts in more detail
- Greater emphasis on connecting creation to the Creator
This course is designed so that a student should be able to complete it in two semesters, spending about 45 minutes, five days a week, on the subject. During this time, students read an assigned portion of their softcover student textbook, stopping throughout each predetermined section to answer On Your Own questions to check their comprehension before moving forward. Students self-check their answers against the detailed answers provided at the end of each module. Laboratory exercises are conducted throughout each module so that students have a hands-on lab component in their scientific study. These have been designed to work in a homeschool environment. Coloring book exercises are clearly marked in the textbook so that students know when to use this excellent tool for studying and remembering anatomy.
Solutions and Tests Manual
The Solutions and Tests Manual only for Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition, contains answers to Study Guide questions, module summaries, tests, and test solutions. One test packet is shrink-wrapped with this manual. Once the shrink wrap is removed, this product is not eligible for return
This high-quality spiral-bound notebook is specifically designed to help your student make a successful transition to high school science. This homeschool resource will help them feel accomplished and be more independent, organized, and prepared.
Note-taking helps increase retention of information, review for tests, and produce a record of their thoughts as they connect the ideas presented in the textbook with their own ideas.
Additionally, a student notebook helps students keep a carefully organized, detailed, and complete lab notebook, recording labs they conducted using proper scientific methodology.
Taking good notes can make the difference between mastering a concept and not quite understanding it. Good notes provide the following advantages:
- Students stay focused on what they are reading.
- Students pay closer attention, which will increase their retention.
- Students have their own version of the text to review for tests.
- Students learn to connect new information to what they already know.
Apologia Student Notebooks are specifically designed to help students be independent and take responsibility for their science studies as they gain and maintain their personal abilities to create structure and logic through note-taking.
The notebook contains:
- A suggested daily schedule
- Note-taking pages
- Instruction in the Cornell note-taking system Space to answer all study questions found in the textbook
- Lab report forms for each experiment in the text will help your student master the process of writing a complete lab report
- Illustrations that are not found in the textbook which ensure that the student is indeed learning all that they can from their labs
- “Design Your Own Experiment” section walks students through the steps involved in designing and conducting their own experiments
About the Student Notebook author: Vicki Dincher holds a master’s degree in biology. Her four children, all homeschooled, have earned or are pursuing graduate degrees in the sciences. Vicki has taught high school science, including Advanced Placement courses, since 1995.
The sample opens in a new window.
Additional Information About Apologia’s Exploring Creation with Advanced Biology, 2nd Edition
New to Apologia Science or want more in-depth information? Visit the Biology, 2nd Edition information page to read more.