Pre-K & Elementary
SCAIHS Elementary Department
Our Elementary counselors understand that each child learns differently. It is our desire to help member families create an individualized environment where their children thrive and develop a love for learning. We want them to know they are not alone in their homeschool journey.
The Elementary staff has 77 years of combined educational experience with grades PreK- college in traditional and homeschool settings. Our goal is to share the wisdom we have gained through the years in a way that encourages and uplifts the families we serve.
Our services include:
- Assistance in choosing materials that are best suited for your child, i.e. traditional, unit and topical studies, classical, Charlotte Mason, etc.
- Strategies and techniques for teaching
- Ideas for daily scheduling and record keeping
- Help in knowing how to best evaluate your child’s progress
- Documentation of progress and transcript services
- Easy access to counselors via in-person, phone, e-mail, Facetime, Zoom, or Skype
- A listening ear when needed
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I have to use curricula from the same publisher for every subject?
Absolutely not! We encourage families to choose materials for each subject that are suited to their students’ interests and the ways they learn best.
May I make changes in materials during the school year?
There’s no perfect curriculum. We will gladly suggest ways to adapt each resource to your child’s needs or suggest options should you desire to change.
Do I submit lesson plans and student portfolios to SCAIHS?
No. These are necessary for helping you keep track of your child’s progress and are an important part of your personal records.
How often do members report progress?
Our members submit documentation of progress and attendance twice a year in January and June. This is done online in our member area.
Must I complete a certain number of hours to equal a day of school?
A day of school does not equal a specific number of hours. Every student is different, and each day may be as well. It all depends upon each child’s age and ability.