SCAIHS 2018 Letter of Instructions to Parents
Please note the following important instructions:
STUDENT DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP WILL TAKE PLACE AT THE BEN LIPPEN HIGH SCHOOL CAFETERIA.
The cafeteria is located to the right of the main entrance, behind the Gym.
The school address is: 7401 Monticello Rd., Columbia, SC 29203
Arrival Time & Instructions:
- Please have your student(s) at the testing site by 8:30 a.m. each day that he or she is to be tested. It is important for your student to get a good night of sleep before the test.
Note: Parents will not be allowed to wait in the hallways or see their student(s) until after the testing is completed.
- It is very important that your student(s) arrive on time for the testing. If a student arrives late, he or she will have to sit quietly in a waiting area until the group completes the subtests they are taking. Missed subtests will need to be made up. SCAIHS will contact you with a make-up date & time. *(Additional fee may apply.)
Dismissal Times & Instructions:
Tuesday, April 3rd
- Grade 3 will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- Grades 4-8 (Core Battery) will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
- Grades 4-8 (Complete Battery) will be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
- Grades 9-12 (Core Battery) will be dismissed at 12:00 p.m.
- Grades 9-12 (Complete Battery) will be dismissed at 2:30 p.m.
Wednesday, April 4th
- Grade 3 will be dismissed at 12 pm.
- Grades 4-8 (Complete Battery) will be dismissed at 12:30 pm.
What to bring:
- Two sharpened # 2 pencils with good erasers
- A book to read during breaks (optional)
- A sweater to keep warm if the room is cold (optional)
- A snack (optional—protein or fruit snack recommended)
- A bag LUNCH if staying after lunch to continue testing
*Please label your student’s bag with his/her name.
What NOT to bring:
- Cell phones, CD players, or any other electronic devices.
Test results should be received at the SCAIHS office approximately six weeks after the Iowa tests are taken by the students. SCAIHS will keep a copy for your student’s file. Your student’s results will be sent to you in an email attachment.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the SCAIHS office at (803) 814-0353 or send an email message to: email@example.com.