After submitting my application, should I withdraw my application before it has been approved, $100 will be retained. Any credit balance will be refunded. A withdrawal request must be in writing. Failure to complete my application by a given deadline will result in denial of my application and forfeiture of any credit balance.
After my membership has been approved, should I withdraw, I understand that I will not receive a refund. I also agree to pay any outstanding balance of my Total Annual Membership Fee even if I did not pay in full initially. If my membership is discontinued at any time during the school year, I understand that transcripts cannot be issued and records cannot be released by SCAIHS until all my records and payments are complete.
eCheck Transactions: If you are using a routing number and bank account number, you authorize SCAIHS to charge your bank account directly. The receipt of your signed application is the effective date of this charge. This payment authorization is valid for monthly payments for 9 consecutive months, and is to remain in effect unless I notify SCAIHS of its cancellation by sending written notice to our address or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If mailing check, you agree that the checking and routing number on your mailed check will be used for all recurring payments – monthly (on this day forward – 9 months).
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
As members of the South Carolina Association of Independent Home Schools, we agree that SCAIHS believes the foundation of home schooling is built, in part, on the traditional family, established by a marriage between one man and one woman. We understand and agree that we are the persons ultimately responsible for the education of our children.
In keeping with this, we agree to meet the following requirements for the duration of our membership in the Association:
- Exercise diligence in teaching our child(ren) in a responsible manner.
- Plan an appropriate course of study for each student and provide the curricula/materials necessary to implement the course of study.
- Teach the basic instructional areas of reading, writing, mathematics, science, and social studies and, in grades seven through twelve, composition and literature.
- Teach (and document) a minimum of 180 days per school year to end by May 31.
- Maintain a daily or weekly written record of school work, activities, and field trips for each student.
- Maintain a portfolio of samples of each student’s academic work.
- Submit the following to the SCAIHS staff:
- Course of Study at the beginning of the year
- Attendance Report and Progress Report by January 7th and June 7th (May 15th for seniors)
- A Year-End Report Card for all students, due by June 7th
- At a minimum, students should be tested every other year beginning in grade 3 and continuing through grade 11. The parent will pay any fees associated with testing. Send a copy of test scores to SCAIHS to complete the student file, due by June 7th.
- Pay the annual membership fee on time.
- Keep a copy of the primary instructor’s high school diploma or transcript or its equivalent (GED) or keep a copy of the highest degree earned beyond high school. (The primary instructor MUST have at least a high school diploma or a GED. The primary instructor MUST be a parent or legal guardian.)
- Acknowledge the following: Section 20-7-100 of the Code of Laws of South Carolina states in pertinent part: “Each parent, whether the custodial or noncustodial parent of the child, has equal access and the same right to obtain all educational records… of their minor children… unless prohibited by order of the court.”
I/we acknowledge these rights of parents under South Carolina law and consent to the release of all educational records in SCAIHS’ possession to a parent who requests them, unless a court order prohibits such release.
We understand that failure to fulfill any one of these responsibilities may result in probationary status for our home school or dismissal from the Association. If dismissed, we understand the financial agreement above will be enforced.